Photo

What's Your Favorite Ride At Hollywood Studios?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

The title pretty much says it all.

Posted Image

#2 Dream

Dream

• Moderators
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

As a an enthusiast of The Twilight Zone, the Tower of Terror rests at the top of theme park attractions I am most fond of.

The attraction was created out of a passion for the television series and it most certainly shows. From the faithful recreation of the show's introduction to the facade that doesn't have the phrase "Tower of Terror" plastered anywhere on it, it's one of the most impressive examples of the work done by Disney's creative department.

#3 foREVer56

foREVer56

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:54 PM

Tower of Terror is definitely my favorite. Its designed fairly well and the ride itself is fun. The entrance and queue is also amazing.

XV-XVI-XVII-XVIII-XIX-XX-XXI

Favorite Houses:

2005: The Skool

2006: Screamhouse:Ressurection

2007: Nightmare on Elm Street:Dreamwalkers(All-Time Fav)

2008: Scary Tales: Once Upon A Nightmare

2009: Silver Screams

2010: Catacombs:Black Death Rising

2011: Winter's Night: The Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetry/The In-Between

#4 Jordan

Jordan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:14 AM

I still enjoy Tower of Terror the most, even if its thrill factor was completely neutered by the installation of seat belts. It doesn't rank as high as it used to on my list of favorite attractions, but I still dig the theming and overall ambiance.

#5 Guest_SideshowRon_*

Guest_SideshowRon_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:48 AM

Star Tours, both old and new. Because I am a sheep and will follow anything from that universe.

#6 BunnyMan

BunnyMan

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1498 posts
  • LocationClifton, Virginia

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

Star Tours is cool. Another park I don't frequent. I've actually never been on Tower because:
1.) I dislike free fall
2.) The wife is petrified of free fall and refuses to ride it again.

I've watched the video and it looks really cool. It would probably be my favorite if I rode it just because of the ambience and creepy factor.

Posted Image
We're not in Wonderland anymore Alice

#7 Boss

Boss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Locationorlando

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:10 PM

Tower of terror. The experiences are always the best on this ride, the ambiance and theming is great.

#8 Lizz

Lizz

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Fl

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:35 AM

Can't believe no one has said RocKin Rollercoaster! If you'd asked before my recent trip, that absolutely would have been my answer. That take off is amazing. But the new Star Tours definitely wins. If I'd been by myself or with other Star wars nerds I would have gone on over and over! The new 3d is amazing!

7516794178_291bc06963_z.jpg

#9 Beast

Beast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:04 PM

Tower of Terror. Attention to detail for the theming is great. I'd would say its "old" now yet it doesn't feel dated, unlike the rest of the park...

#10 mrevil

mrevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationDaytona Beach, FL

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

I haven't been, but from the Youtube videos, I'd say The Great Movie Ride. I love movies, I love animatronics, and I love special effects (even the cheesy ones) so this would seem like a perfect fit.

But if I went I'd probably change my mind.
.... Seriously, I LOVE the Deep-Fried PB&J sandwiches w/ Bananas.

#11 Daikonjam

Daikonjam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:54 AM

First place is a tie between TOT and RnRC because I love Aerosmith and Twilight zone, plus ToTs theming is impeccable.

Second place is Star Tours. Would he first if it was longer or had a single rider line. But I love star wars so much, and they did a great job with the re do.

#12 Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:01 AM

Rockin' Roller Coaster. Like I said earlier, I love a coaster in the dark, and with loud music!

#13 josh "bobo" M

josh "bobo" M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1629 posts
  • LocationFleming Island/ jax fl

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:17 PM

Rockin Rollercoaster and Tower of terror are Awesome. . . I will have to say Toy Story Mania... The work out your arm gets from yanking it (the pull string kids) is the funniest thing to watch. . . I am a big Toy Story fan. I saw the first one over 100 times in theaters. . (it ran for over a year at the dollar movies down the street from my house in Scotia NY when i was a kid.)

#14 nikifury

nikifury

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGreat Movie Ride

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:34 PM

Star Tours 1.0 (I still haven't rode 2.0) and The Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror were my absolute favorites when I did my CP in '09 at DHS. Of course since I am nostalgic, I do have to mention my old workplace The Great Movie Ride, which was the first WDW attraction I ever rode at eighteen months old and where I was appropriately placed during my tenure as a CP participant.
Posted Image
Niki Fury.

#15 Lizz

Lizz

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Fl

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

Star Tours 1.0 (I still haven't rode 2.0) and The Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror were my absolute favorites when I did my CP in '09 at DHS. Of course since I am nostalgic, I do have to mention my old workplace The Great Movie Ride, which was the first WDW attraction I ever rode at eighteen months old and where I was appropriately placed during my tenure as a CP participant.

Oh man... Niki, you're going to have a fangirl heart attack when you get to ride Star Tours 2.0. It is amazing. I want to be there riding it today in honor of May the 4th!

#16 Daikonjam

Daikonjam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

Oh man... Niki, you're going to have a fangirl heart attack when you get to ride Star Tours 2.0. It is amazing. I want to be there riding it today in honor of May the 4th!

Rode it 3 times last Wednesday. SO re-rideable. I love it.

#17 Lizz

Lizz

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Fl

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:01 PM

Rode it 3 times last Wednesday. SO re-rideable. I love it.

I've only been on it three times total, so I'm very jealous. Need to ride this many more times.

#18 josh "bobo" M

josh "bobo" M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1629 posts
  • LocationFleming Island/ jax fl

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:07 PM

OK like in MK the long air conditioned rides are AWESOME! The great movie ride is fun... They need to make the movie sequence in the line a bit longer to handle the line not having to watch the same 5 minute show over and over (Spiderman is the perfect length at IOA in the room with the Scoop modle in the Center the movie last the exact lenght of getting you from the door to the exit door.) back the TGMR. . Chandler the first girl we saw do the ride was great (not to mention quite the looker!) She made the script her own and made me believe she was not acting! the other two we saw. . . NOT so much... Got the mobster each time we rode this year, kind of wanted the cowboy.

#19 reilysclone

reilysclone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:21 AM

Overall attractions:
1) Tower of Terror
2) MuppetVision 3D
3) Rock 'n' Rollercoaster
4) Fantasmic!
5) Toy Story Mania