Photo

Arm-Chair Imagineering (Hollywood Studios)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

Arm-Chair Imagineering threads are simple places where we can discuss rides that we want to see happen at its respective park.

This one is for Hollywood Studios.

So, be creative and enjoy!

Posted Image

#2 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

Okay.

I can't find the write up I did a few years back, but I've always wanted a flume ride at the Studios. The write-up I did though, killed two birds with one stone by being an Indiana Jones themed "water coaster" (like SeaWorld Orlando's Journey to Atlantis, only with LIM sections), loosely themed off Crystal Skull.

The theme of the ride was that you were an extra in the newest Indiana Jones film. As you walked through the queue (production tents on location, including catering, costuming, and editing), you would be advised by queue videos on the production process and what would be expected of you as an extra.

The final room would be your direction from the Stunt Coordinator. You (and five others) would be chasing Indiana through the jungles in a amphibious jeep (or "Frog"). The jeep would be radio-controlled by the Coordinator, who would communicate with you via radio in your vehicle. You board, advance in front of the Director and camera (animatronics), who then yells "Action."

You speed through a "jungle" (this portion of the attraction is outside), sliding through cut backs, passing "Indiana" and Extra animatronics on other vehicles, and various cameramen shooting the action. The Coordinator and Director provide direction to you over the radio, as the action hides the fact that you are traveling three stories up.

The Directors yells cut, but you don't stop, splashing into the "river" at the top. As the Coordinator yells that he's lost control, Harrison Ford cuts in, saying he'll save us. As our "Frog" bounces down the river, Harrison races along the bank in another vehicle. You turn around a bend, and see Harrison lowering a whip down from across a down tree. You can't reach it, and scream as you go over the fall into the rocks below.

Posted Image

At least, it looks like rocks. You fall into a pitch black cave. You hear over the radio the Coordinator asks what to do, while the Director says they have insurance. You drift through the rocky cave, turning a bend and see Indy on a motorcycle, getting ready to shoot. The Coordinator sees you, resets the signal and regains control, and tries to alert the Director. The Director ignores the Coordinator, asking if the explosion is ready. Realizing what's about the happen, the Coordinator tells you to hold on.

Posted Image

The Director yells "Action," and a boom is heard as your Frog begins to take off through the cave. Similar to above, Indy, Camera Trolleys and the Director are seen through portions of the cave as it shakes around you during your escape. The light ahead appears, and you burst out of the cave, splashing down into a lake (one of those shallow, wet splashes like JtA). The Director starts raving that, despite you were in the shot, it added a lot. You float through a small pond, drive back onto land, and then are pushed through the gift shop where, not only can you buy pictures, you can buy video of your ride from all of the cameras that were seen throughout.

Posted Image

#3 Beast

Beast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:58 AM

Great concept!

#4 jokstr69

jokstr69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:39 AM

Dam you made me want to ride that and buy the video for it!

#5 Lizz

Lizz

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Fl

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

Alright, well, that's awesome. I'm sold on the video too. Sucker for things like that.

7516794178_291bc06963_z.jpg

#6 georgemoe

georgemoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationCentral MA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

Great idea!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic