#1 Lizz

Lizz

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Fl

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:02 AM

I LOVE this series. Super excited for Bioshock: Infinite, although I'm curious to see if I'll enjoy it as much with the change in setting. I loved Rapture.

7516794178_291bc06963_z.jpg

#2 BunnyMan

BunnyMan

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1498 posts
  • LocationClifton, Virginia

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:04 PM

I really liked the environment of the first two. But everything about this has changed. Will it hold up? IDK.

Posted Image
We're not in Wonderland anymore Alice

#3 Lizz

Lizz

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Fl

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

The environment of the first two games was made for me. The time period and underwater aspects were just so, so neat. The trailer looks awesome, but I'm not sure my love will continue above water...

Thankfully that's why this is called Bioshock: Infinite and NOT Bioshock 3. There's still a chance we'll get a third game in the future, although I'm not sure what the story would be.

#4 Broodlaw

Broodlaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

I honestly think this will be more in touch with how new Bioshock was when it first came out, its being made by the same Development team as the first game was where Bioshock 2 was made by 2K Marin.

If anything that ingenuity and feel of the first game will make a comeback, plus for one I love the environment of Rapture, though having the introduction to Columbia should be a fresh take on the franchise and I cannot wait to experience it, plus the Heavy Hitters that will be making their appearance in this game are going to be great fights, I think we all are excited to fight a Robotic George Washington with a Gatling Gun.

Posted Image

#5 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:19 PM

As great as the first Bioshock was, I just couldn't get all that excited for the sequel. I hated the idea of "returning to Rapture," although Big Sister was a great design. I was really halfway hoping the next Rapture-based game would've been a prequel where you're experiencing/involved in the downfall of Rapture.

That said, I'm really fascinated by Columbus, especially the more open gameplay they seem to be introducing where you can avoid fights completely by just walking by. The dimensional rifts will allow some pretty meta humor and, despite how "open" the floating city will be, the combat seems as, if not more, frantic than the original Bioshock.

The wife and I were discussing it, and she likely described the publishing of this game best.

Publisher - We want a third Bioshock.
Developer - We don't want a third Bioshock. But we have this game.
Publisher - What's it about?
Developer - Male protagonist helps female NPC escape alternate reality, idealized city with a crazy, delusional leader, fanatical citizens, and occassional, brutish monsters that are narratively tied to the female NPC while using traditional weapons and pseudo-magical abilities all from a first-person perspective.
Publisher - So, it's Bioshock.
Developer - No. We're calling it, "Infinite."
Publisher - Well, now it's called "Bioshock: Infinite."
Developer - Goddammit...

Posted Image

#6 Broodlaw

Broodlaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:46 AM

That's the one thing that intrigues me about Infinite is the fact that it kind of has the same feeling as the first game as being a new experience, and in truth that is what needed to happen, I liked the second game and playing as the Prototype Big Daddy had its perks, but for a Big Daddy he felt sort of weak and it really didn't harness all of the potential that could of been had in playing with that aspect.

Having the relationship with Elizabeth and the Songbird is gonna be really interesting to see how that plays out, especially since she seems to be more of a prototype for the Plasmids from what we've seen in the Cinematic teaser and in gameplay footage. I am kind of glad that they pushed it back though cause that gives them more time to hammer out the fine details to make a really stellar game.

Posted Image

#7 Lizz

Lizz

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Fl

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

I do hope that prequel will eventually happen. I am excited for Infinite, but Rapture is probably my favorite game environment ever. Really hope to return someday.

#8 Broodlaw

Broodlaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:28 AM

Bioshock Infinite is the prequel, it takes place about 50-60 years before the events of Bioshock 1, the designs are more crude and it seems more hectic since there's not as much relying on Plasmids to get your way around, they will be there, but fewer and more difficult to get your hands on them.

Posted Image

#9 Lizz

Lizz

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Fl

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

Bioshock Infinite is the prequel, it takes place about 50-60 years before the events of Bioshock 1, the designs are more crude and it seems more hectic since there's not as much relying on Plasmids to get your way around, they will be there, but fewer and more difficult to get your hands on them.

Well, I was meaning a direct prequel set in Rapture, not this completely different setting.

#10 Broodlaw

Broodlaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:10 AM

Well, I was meaning a direct prequel set in Rapture, not this completely different setting.

Oh ok I see what you mean now, yeah actually that would be a really cool setup for a game and you could see what took place for Andrew Ryan and Frank Fontaine to go completely crazy in the first place to start the Plasmid conflict. You could have it set up where you do missions for Fontaine and Ryan, more in the style of an RPG, even doing missions for lower guys like Sinclair, Tennenbaum and others, That would actually be really fun.

Posted Image

#11 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

HOLY S#!+

BUY IT! PLAY IT!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Posted Image