Guest_SideshowRon_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:57 AM

Post any and all news and Rumors about Disney's Hollywood Studios

#2 Guest_Slinky Fuddnuddler_*

Guest_Slinky Fuddnuddler_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:21 PM

DisneyParksBlog has officially announced a new attraction opening this Fall in DHS, The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow. Not much is know about the project at this time, but it's a safe bet this is the replacement for the Narnia walk through attraction that is now extremely outdated,

#3 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

I'm really intrigued by this. The subject matter lends to something amazing and unique; potentially Disney's version of a haunted house.

I doubt it'll be that awesome though...

Posted Image

#4 Guest_Slinky Fuddnuddler_*

Guest_Slinky Fuddnuddler_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:04 AM

I'm interested in how they're gonna pull off "putting you in Capt. Jack's footsteps in some of the most iconic scenes."

#5 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

I hope it really is something unique. Walking through a recreation of Tortuga, the cave on the Isla de la Muerta, walking on a ship deck with the Kraken breathing down your neck, this could be the something amazing. If it's what I expect it to be (a heavily themed museum), I'll be disappointed.

Disney has the potential to surprise everyone on this, and if they do it right it could become a massive draw.

Posted Image

#6 Daikonjam

Daikonjam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:59 PM

From what they've been saying, it can be extremely amazing, or a dud. Only time will tell.

#7 Lizz

Lizz

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Fl

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:17 PM

I hope it really is something unique. Walking through a recreation of Tortuga, the cave on the Isla de la Muerta, walking on a ship deck with the Kraken breathing down your neck, this could be the something amazing. If it's what I expect it to be (a heavily themed museum), I'll be disappointed.

Disney has the potential to surprise everyone on this, and if they do it right it could become a massive draw.

That would all be awesome. Also: I can haz job working at Jack Sparrow museum?

7516794178_291bc06963_z.jpg

#8 josh "bobo" M

josh "bobo" M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1629 posts
  • LocationFleming Island/ jax fl

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:18 PM

I consider this News worthy. . . While in WDW last week, besides the hot as the Devils taint weather, we were bombarded with Brazilian tour groups. . . THOUSANDS!!! one of which dressed in formal attire in every park (THOUSANDS). . . Well this group, and all of them did their normal Demonic chants. I MUST GIVE HUGE PROPS to castmember Michael at Star Tours (he may not be a cast member any longer) While in line right before we went in the building he yelled as loud as he could "shut up!" nothing seemed to be able to stop the chanting! So he then calmly grabbed his mic and in perfect Portugese proceeded to tell the group to stop, using slightly nicer words then I would have! within seconds they all stopped, and Michel was greeted by his supervisor spoken to away from guests, they both smiled, and Mike dissapeared. His supervisor said he would not be fired, and seemed to agree with how he handled the situation. . . So if anyone sees a Michael at Star Tours give him a hand! He made my day, the Brazilians faces were classic!

#9 BunnyMan

BunnyMan

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1498 posts
  • LocationClifton, Virginia

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

So I did the POTC experience yesterday. It was ok. Basically it is a single room with loads of projections. It had some cool effects and Johnny Depp is actually in it as a projection.

Posted Image
We're not in Wonderland anymore Alice

#10 josh "bobo" M

josh "bobo" M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1629 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

So I did the POTC experience yesterday. It was ok. Basically it is a single room with loads of projections. It had some cool effects and Johnny Depp is actually in it as a projection.

I saw a video of it from Insidethemagic.net It looks interesting. It is an upgrade from the Narnia show. Does it have movie props as well in a separate area?

#11 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

Really looks horrible to me.

Posted Image

#12 BunnyMan

BunnyMan

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1498 posts
  • LocationClifton, Virginia

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

I never saw the Narnia thing. I mean it was interesting once... I don't know if I'd do it again. Actually I would just so I could see it better bc if you are too close to the front you can't see much.

Posted Image
We're not in Wonderland anymore Alice

#13 josh "bobo" M

josh "bobo" M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1629 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

The Narnia attraction was basically the same concept bringing you in to the worl of that movie. Like Narnia this one seems to lack the idea that was told it would have. just watching the video of it does not seem to make me feel like i am following the footsteps of Capt. Jack.. So like many other disney attractions it looks like a nice little place to cool down for a while. it will eat a few hundred people a hour and be considered a success by the powers that be.

#14 Lizz

Lizz

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Fl

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

I love Jack Sparrow, and I LOVE Pirates of the Caribbean, but... whew. Snoozefest!

7516794178_291bc06963_z.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users