#1 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

http://abcnews.go.co...-stock-19024531

PETA has purchased newly issued shares of SeaWorld Entertainment Inc., the theme park company often targeted for protests by the animal rights group.

PETA spokesman David Perle said Tuesday his group purchased 80 shares for more than $2,200 in last week's initial public offering of SeaWorld stock.

PETA officials say being shareholders will allow them to attend shareholder meetings and introduce resolutions.

Posted Image

#2 Beast

Beast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

Fortunately the number of shares available for the public never will add up to a controlling amount. It's not likely that PETA will convince Blackstone to side with them. Blackstone would not have ever bought, and kept open, the parks if they had any inkling of PETA style animal rights thoughts.

#3 Lizz

Lizz

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Fl

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

Pretty crazy. I know they won't have influence, but I wonder if they'll make some of their practices more public if they're privy to the info?

7516794178_291bc06963_z.jpg

#4 NWABobbyMac

NWABobbyMac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:57 PM

I know our organization only uses positive incentives for our animals. If our animals don't want to perform they don't have to.
Speaking of the stock I buy some everytime I can. It is much lower than Disney and Six Flags and I can not see it being that way for long.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users