Photo

Transformers Getting New Meet and Greet Location? Energon Stand?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PRadmin

PRadmin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

A recent filing with the SFWMD for a “Project 609 Addition” calls for a new 1,044 square foot building located between Mel’s Dine-In and Shrek 4D, next to Transformers: The Ride – 3D. This location also happens to be directly across from the current outdoor meet and greet for the Transformers characters.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Ever since the introduction of the Transformers characters in the park two weeks ago, there have been consistently long lines to have a photo taken with them, so moving the characters to a permanent, indoor location could make sense, given their popularity.

Universal has seen similar success with the introduction of the indoor meet and greet location in the Spongebob store, and even went so far as to completely re-do the Shrek and Donkey meet and greet after its original location had to be demolished to make room for the Transformers ride building. So clearly the idea of a permanent meet and greet isn’t unprecedented.

Alternatively, and probably a bit less exciting, this could also be a new food and beverage kiosk that would feature the popular Energon drink sold at both Universal Studios Hollywood and Singapore. However, that beverage could just as easily be sold at roll-away carts and existing food and beverage venues, so the addition of an entire building seems a bit overkill. But without any solid proof either way, it’s anyone’s guess for now. Leave a comment below and let us know what you think it is!

View the full article

#2 josh "bobo" M

josh "bobo" M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1629 posts
  • LocationFleming Island/ jax fl

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

A whole building seems over kill, I was just at USO over the weekend. When Bee and Prime were out the line was LONG and cut off with in 5 minutes of them starting. I would expect an indoor meet and greet much like spiderman over at IOA to have a photo op with a themed background and props.

#3 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

Both? Buy an Energon drink while waiting in line for a photo?

Posted Image

#4 josh "bobo" M

josh "bobo" M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1629 posts
  • LocationFleming Island/ jax fl

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

Both? Buy an Energon drink while waiting in line for a photo?

Does it have booze in it? can I use my credit card?

Universal needs to start running some wireless registers to the booths in the lines I would love a beer while waiting in line for Potter or the houses at HHN... Who carries cash any more... (DAMN TOURISTS)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users