22 replies to this topic

#1 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

So, Screamscape is reporting that a whole lot more is coming to Springfield rather than just a Krusty Burger. We may also be getting Moe's, Kentucky Fried Panda, a Duff Brewery bar, numerous facades...

And a flat-ride!

While it likely looks like a Dumbo-clone... Yay new rides!

Posted Image

#2 jokstr69

jokstr69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

Woot :)

#3 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:09 AM

Okay, so I wanted to see how the rumored flat-ride (and it's rumored location, could impact layout of that corner (and, admittedly, access to the sprungs). Guess what... "One Fish, Two Fish," with its queue, is a perfect fit. While this is good news for the added crowd soak... it's horrible news for haunts in the Sprungs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Halcyon

Halcyon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:44 AM

I believe I had heard that the flat ride would be across from the Simpsons Ride along the water?

Though I may have heard wrong..

Posted Image

#5 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

I saw something like that. Personally, I think this would be more likely, though I'll admit I may be wrong. Uni may want to leave the above spot open for a big expansion.

Posted Image

#6 jokstr69

jokstr69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

I believe I had heard that the flat ride would be across from the Simpsons Ride along the water?

Though I may have heard wrong..

yea I read the same thing...
Posted ImagePosted Image
"On the other side, trees are coming down.
Depending on the rumor you hear this could either be a spinning flat ride coming in or a ferris wheel."

Source: http://amusementpics.com

#7 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

It truly looks horrible right there...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 jokstr69

jokstr69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

It does but then y would they be working in that area?

#9 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

It does but then y would they be working in that area?

Screamscape (I know) said it may be a Duff Brewery counter. I imagine it would be similar to the CityWalk promenade bars. That would actually make sense given the presumed popularity of Moe's. (Remember... The Krusty Burger will likely only serve beer, if anything).

Posted Image

#10 jokstr69

jokstr69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

Only Time Will Tell then lol

#11 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

So... Screamscape has received information that puts the flat-ride by the water in a awkward spot, tightening the walkway and blocking views of the lagoon.

Great long-term planning right there.

Posted Image

#12 josh "bobo" M

josh "bobo" M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1629 posts
  • LocationFleming Island/ jax fl

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

So... Screamscape has received information that puts the flat-ride by the water in a awkward spot, tightening the walkway and blocking views of the lagoon.

Universal loves blocking the lagoon..

#13 Lizz

Lizz

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Fl

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

I don't think long-term planning is Universal's forte right now, aside from the Harry Potter expansions.

*cough* Massive Transformers building that is an eyesore right next to Rip, Ride, Rockit, another eyesore. *cough*

7516794178_291bc06963_z.jpg

#14 josh "bobo" M

josh "bobo" M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1629 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

Springfield is coming to Universal Orlando Resort! An all-new Simpsons-themed area will open at Universal Studios Florida this summer – allowing guests to step into the world of The Simpsons like never before.

It will be the only place in the world where you can walk the streets of Springfield, grab a Krusty-certified meat sandwich at Krusty Burger, go nuts for donuts at Lard Lad, imbibe at Moe’s Tavern and more! Plus there will be Duff Beer – brewed exclusively for Universal Orlando - and a new attraction called Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl that will take you “foolish humans” on an intergalactic spin designed to send you into orbit!

65621_10151462094232852_1376190600_n.jpg

#15 Lizz

Lizz

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Fl

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:21 AM

I'm excited about getting to try Duff! I think it looks pretty neat.

#16 josh "bobo" M

josh "bobo" M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1629 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

I'm excited about getting to try Duff! I think it looks pretty neat.

YEAH!!! I never ride the Simpsons (or BTTF for that matter) too small of a space and I hate simulator rides but my kids love it! so I am glad I will now have a nice place to grab a seat and a brew! Lets hope the food is better then the crap they served at IFFF..

#17 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

I thought part of the joke about Krusty Burger was that the food wasn't good...

That said, I'm intrigued by the idea of buying a Duff Beer (and Universal-willing, a Flaming Moe). But, this does kinda eliminate a hard scarezone area for a couple of years at least.

Also... looking closely at the Kang/Kodos ride it looks like you're riding in flying saucers. I hope they spin independantly, and go up and down, while the whole thing spins.

ALL THE SPINNINGS!

Posted Image

#18 josh "bobo" M

josh "bobo" M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1629 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

I thought part of the joke about Krusty Burger was that the food wasn't good...

That said, I'm intrigued by the idea of buying a Duff Beer (and Universal-willing, a Flaming Moe). But, this does kinda eliminate a hard scarezone area for a couple of years at least.

Also... looking closely at the Kang/Kodos ride it looks like you're riding in flying saucers. I hope they spin independantly, and go up and down, while the whole thing spins.

ALL THE SPINNINGS!

Wesker posted on HNN that it is possible that the food area could open as early as next week (i expect more like mid june.)  I am interested to see if they just added a facade on the outside that leads into a more themed IFFF with the same 3/4 different lines for food. Or did they close off each different building to give the full feel of being in Springfield? (i think this question makes sence)

As for the waterfront... When we went in March I was wondering why they had that much walled off (from the simpsons ride all the way down to where central park starts.. Now we know they have big plans... Lard Lads will probably just be a perminate kiosk, but it would be neat if they had a smaller sitting area inside of a building like a Dunkin' Doughnuts... Duff Brewery looks like it will be a larger Chez Alcatraz (love this).. and Kang/Kodas hmmmm One Fish Two Fish meets Storm force... Seems like plenty of hurl to go around... The kids will love it... I will be on the water with a Duff! I highly doubt that Universal will allow a Flaming Moe, but they should at least advertise it, with a sold out sticker over it.

Universal said they are being in Sideshow Bob and Krusty... They need to spend the extra $$ and keep them coming.. Chief Wiggins, Moe, Apu, DuffMan etc.. And I think they need to incorperate in the background somehow the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant.. Just the cooling towers with some smoke/fog coming out...

It looks awesome and will definetlly be a thumbs up in my book, hopefully the artwork matches the finished product.

#19 Lizz

Lizz

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Fl

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:05 AM

Wesker posted on HNN that it is possible that the food area could open as early as next week (i expect more like mid june.)  I am interested to see if they just added a facade on the outside that leads into a more themed IFFF with the same 3/4 different lines for food. Or did they close off each different building to give the full feel of being in Springfield? (i think this question makes sence)

When construction was happening, it looked like the old IFFF building had been completely gutted. I'd expect a new version of the food court.

#20 Mr. Gold

Mr. Gold

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

I'm surprised no one has commented since this actually opened!

Lizz and I went to check this out... sometime before now (not good with timeframes, everything kinda just blends together for me lol).

Had a Krusty Burger, a Flaming Moe and a Duff.

Flaming Moe: Looked really cool! My first ever drink with special effects. Sadly, non alcoholic. It was basically orange soda in a specially designed cup that cordons off the lower portion of the cup to house the "secret ingredient", a strategically placed piece of dry ice. Now, I'm not normally a fan of orange soda, but I was so excited by the concept and enthralled by the cup design that I thoroughly enjoyed it. Plus, since you get to keep the cup, I'm now free to recreate the experience at home, with actual alcohol lol

Krusty Burger with cheese: Not much to say, except they got it backwards. It's like cheese (sauce) with Krusty Burger. The extreme amount of cheese sauce completely overpowered any other flavor that was there. However, it did give me great insight into how Homer must've felt moments before he had his heart attack from eating too many Krusty Burgers.

Duff: I'm probably not the best one to review this. I'm not a fan of beer, and that's what this was, just a beer. I could seriously sit down at a table blindfolded and drink 8 different types of beer and not be able to tell you the difference between them. My only real observation was that I thought it was odd that it comes in a glass bottle with a real Duff Label, but they won't let you keep the bottle or even take it to your table with you. No, they open the bottle, pour it in to a cup, give you a chance to take a few pics of the bottle, then chuck it in the trash. Weird.

I do have pics to post, but I'm on my iPad and can't figure out how to make it happen on here. I'll come back on my laptop and post them in the not too distant future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users