5 replies to this topic

#1 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:38 AM

Fascinating article from the Orlando Weekly.

http://blogs.orlando...ing-to-orlando/

Posted Image

#2 Beast

Beast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

Very interesting.

I can only think that a Universal connection could be the purchaser still owing on the land. Personally I feel a Third gate is less likely but we don't really know for sure. Either way, something new is on the horizon and it will be very fun to follow. Hopefully is doesn't end in the way of Orlando Thrill Park, (is it possible they found a new home?)  !!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:28 PM

My immediate thought was the thrill park as well. It's an interesting location, ridiculously landlocked, but also not far from Wet and Wild (the nearby land rumored to be tied to a Universal third-gate). I will say that this, combined with the upcoming polar coaster announcement for "somewhere" in Florida, is compelling.

Posted Image

#4 josh "bobo" M

josh "bobo" M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1629 posts
  • LocationFleming Island/ jax fl

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:09 PM

Very interesting... That footprint is much larger then UOR. Am I wrong? A lot of possibilities.

#5 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:48 PM

Looking at the location on a map, it's hard to tell exactly how big the available space is. The one primary chunk focused on in the article is about half the size of the Studios (or two Fun Spots), but if it extends down between Universal Blvd and Perimeter Road (Lockheed's), it's a long, skinny chunk of land that opens to a much bigger spot.

It concievably could be a a third Uni park, with a shuttle (or monorail?) running along Universal Blvd, but it's such a weird layout I'm curious to see how it would work.

Posted Image

#6 josh "bobo" M

josh "bobo" M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1629 posts
  • LocationFleming Island/ jax fl

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:28 PM

So this New park would be the announced Sky Plex and Skyscraper the worlds tallest roller coaster.

a neat by the number article:

http://articles.orla...rnational-drive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users