15 replies to this topic

#1 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:54 PM

The project is still a go, despite the sequels being pushed back (and James Cameron has stated there could be a 4th film as well). So, what are the updates and what are your thoughts? Personally, while I "get" the conservation tie-in between Animal Kingdom and the Avatar films, I just feel like the two have too many somewhat conflicting ideas to really work (case in point, the humans as a collective are the BAD GUYS in the film).

Posted Image

#2 Lizz

Lizz

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Fl

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:41 PM

The project is still a go, despite the sequels being pushed back (and James Cameron has stated there could be a 4th film as well). So, what are the updates and what are your thoughts? Personally, while I "get" the conservation tie-in between Animal Kingdom and the Avatar films, I just feel like the two have too many somewhat conflicting ideas to really work (case in point, the humans as a collective are the BAD GUYS in the film).

Oh no... three more??? Do not want.

I'll wait and see on this one. My initial knee-jerk reaction was that this was an awful idea... but, AK is pretty boring. So if there's going to be more rides, it could force me into visiting more frequently.

7516794178_291bc06963_z.jpg

#3 Guest_Slinky Fuddnuddler_*

Guest_Slinky Fuddnuddler_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:09 PM

Beastly Kingdom > Avatar

#4 BunnyMan

BunnyMan

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1498 posts
  • LocationClifton, Virginia

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

didn't really care for the movie like some did, But I could see them doing some really cool sets and rides with the material.

Posted Image
We're not in Wonderland anymore Alice

#5 jokstr69

jokstr69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

What no one liked the Pocahontas knock off?

lol visually it was a beautiful movie but seeing that in real life idk might be way too much to take in.

#6 Guest_Slinky Fuddnuddler_*

• Guests

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

You mean the Fern Gully rip off.

#7 jokstr69

jokstr69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:57 PM

ok how about Pocahontas/Fern Gully knock off lol

#8 Guest_Slinky Fuddnuddler_*

• Guests

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:22 AM

Conflicting reports claim that while site prep is still underway for Avatar, there is a lot of headbutting going on behind the scenes. And with the new movies begin delayed, rumor has it that the future of Avatar Land is hanging in the balance. Personally, I've hated this idea from the moment they announced it. I would much rather this project be shitcanned and Beastly Kingdom built in its place.

#9 Beast

Beast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:17 PM

They just jumped the gun on an announcement and screwed themselves by not having anything designed / agreed upon yet.

#10 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

A pseudo-update:

http://m.ign.com/art...lds-avatar-land

Truthfully, not a lot of info because they're essentially saying, "We're excited, but it's still too early to know what we're doing!"

Cool screen grab though.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 josh "bobo" M

josh "bobo" M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1629 posts
  • LocationFleming Island/ jax fl

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

http://disneyparks.d...animal-kingdom/

From the moment AVATAR was released, people were captivated by the mythical world of Pandora. When we announced that wed be working with James Cameron and Lightstorm Entertainment to bring this world to life in our parks, we felt certain that this partnership and combination of talent and imagination would produce an experience unlike any other ever created.
1Avatar_1.jpg

Our combined team has taken huge steps forward in imagineering Pandora as a real place for our guests to see, hear and touch. At the first-ever D23 Expo in Japan, we shared an early glimpse of the plans for AVATAR at Disneys Animal Kingdom park and I wanted to share some of these breathtaking images and a short preview of whats to come with all of you.

As these concept renderings show in epic scale, in the world of AVATAR guests will encounter awe-inspiring floating mountains and wander through a nighttime jungle of bioluminescent plants that are alive with light and sound. Guests will also discover what it feels like to soar into the sky riding a Banshee.
1Avatar_5.jpg

And the new AVATAR-inspired land wont be the only change coming to Disneys Animal Kingdom.

As part of the largest expansion in the history of the park, well be adding all-new entertainment experiences, including a new nighttime spectacular where live music, floating lanterns, water screens and swirling animal imagery all combine to bring a show to Discovery River that will delight our guests and truly cap off their day at Disneys Animal Kingdom. The park will introduce more nighttime entertainment as well, including live performers on Discovery Island (pictured above) and a new nighttime version of the Kilimanjaro Safaris.

As the world of AVATAR becomes real at Disneys Animal Kingdom, the energy and passion shared by our Imagineers and the Lightstorm team for this monumental task continues to be remarkable. I cant wait to see the reactions of our guests as they step into a world that until now has only existed on the screen.

We look forward to sharing more details in the future here on the Disney Parks Blog.

#12 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:54 AM

What is this? A theme park expansion for ants? It would have to be, at least, three times that big.

Ah, I'm kidding. I'm just waiting to see Avatar 2 come out and flop at a ridiculous, Matrix Reloaded scale.

Posted Image

#13 josh "bobo" M

josh "bobo" M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1629 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:57 PM

So Disney FINALLY broke ground for this over the weekend... Someone in their "get shit done" department needs to speed up their construction projects...

#14 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:02 PM

So Disney FINALLY broke ground for this over the weekend... Someone in their "get shit done" department needs to speed up their construction projects...

Manager - So... it's been three years since we announced this. Do we know what we're doing yet.

Imagineer - No... but Cameron is still developing the technology to track flying saliva when his mo-cap actors enunciate. Until that is perfected, he won't work on the script.

Manager - Well, damn.

Imagineer - I know... sucks. These shovels have been taking up so much space in the workshop.

Manager - The hell? What are those for?

Imagineer - The groundbreaking... whenever that is.

Manager - Fuck it. Let's just have the ceremony and get of those damn things.

Imagineer - But... what are we actually building?

Manager - Really pretty bathrooms. Just put some guests on stills from the movie and schedule the ground-breaking.

Posted Image

#15 josh "bobo" M

josh "bobo" M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1629 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

Imagineer: But what ground are we going to break? We have not decided exactly where we are putting the project.

Manager: Just throw some pretty looking sand on a walkway and rope it off for the pictures.

Imagineer: Who will be in the picture? We have 7 of these big shovels...

Manager: Have the guy with the long ass ears... What is his name Joe something

Imagineer: Joe Rohde

Manager: Yeah people love seeing his ear dangle more and more each year... And put Mickey in there, but dont let him touch the dirt those new suits are expensive... We can photo shop one of those Blue people in later.

#16 Maryannbum

Maryannbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:49 PM

Мы не собираемся выделяться, мы не белые вороны. Болезненное состояние может продлиться до целого месяца. Даже ребенок знает, что курить вредно для здороьвя. Они еще уверены, что получают удовольствие от сигарет и продолжают верить в иллюзию, так как не перешли еще на вторую стадию никотиновой зависимости. Власти просто делают вид, что борются с оборотом табака в стране. Я ответил, что деньги ни при чем, — как я уже объяснил, дело во времени, которое Дейрдре сейчас у меня попусту отнимает. В один из периодов жизни таким был Э. Кодирование от курения начал применять врач Александр Романович Довженко в 80-е годы прошлого века. В этом определении есть что-то депрессивное. Чтобы помочь себе и набрать минимальное количество килограммов веса, или же вообще не набрать вес, когда вы раз и навсегда наконец-то бросите курить, опробуйте следующие советы: Принять и полюбить себя Регулярно применять физическую нагрузку умеренной интенсивности, например, занятия фитнесом Ограничить себя в закусках и алкоголе Рассмотреть вопрос об использовании лекарств, которые помогут вам раз и навсегда бросить курить. Я чувствовал головокружение, словно вотвот потеряю сознание, но никогда не связывал этого с курением и был убежден, что это совершенно нормально и наблюдается у всех. Нейронные клетки мозга у детей с фетальным алкогольным синдромом не способны нормально функционировать, что приводит к расстройствам когнитивных функций и различным отклонениям в поведении. Развитие зависимости В переходе от состояния здоровья к состоянию зависимости от никотина можно выделить несколько стадий, а именно: эпизодическое употребление, систематическое употребление и первая стадия собственно зависимости от никотина. С точки зрения медицины - это бесполезные вещи. Все доводы на самом деле значительно усложняют отказ от курения по двум причинам. При этом вы достаточно легко сможете сжигать в день не 150 калорий, а значительно больше, так что ваш вес не повысится, а наоборот, снизится и стабилизируется. Для начала нужно хотя бы на время изменить режим питания, отказаться от острого, жареного и жирного и отдать предпочтение щелочным продуктам - это фрукты, овощи, зелень, сухофрукты, орехи - которые стоит внести в свой ежедневный рацион. А так ли плохи стыковочные рейсы? Детям и подросткам важнее знать не то, почему курить вредно, а почему не курить хорошо. Если сравнивать их с таблетками, то они более удобны в использовании. каким образом завязать с никотином рекомендации нужно ли курение каким образом без затруднений завязать с никотином желаю завязать с курением окажите помощь каким образом бросить очень быстро дымить
Я забыл, что вообще когда-то курил сигареты без фильтра, но что такое грязная вода для того, кто умирает от жажды? Т а т ь я н а.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users