Lizz

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Fl

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

I warned you...

In other news, it's been revealed by one of the Caramoan fans that only four of the Fans actually applied. The rest were recruited.

Recruited??? How?

7516794178_291bc06963_z.jpg

#123 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

Recruited??? How?

"You're good looking... Wanna be on TV?"

"You have an interesting job... Wanna be on TV?"

"You had a popular YouTube video... Wanna be on TV?"

Posted Image

#124 Halcyon

Halcyon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:23 AM

COOKIES?! THEY'RE BRINGING COOKIES BACK?!

Why. WHY.

The producers are obviously desperate.

Also NO to that last spoiler. I hated that season.

Posted Image

#125 Lizz

Lizz

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Fl

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:27 AM

Well, this is just sad news all around.

#126 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

And it's all totes-ficial.

Posted Image

#127 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

So, I flat won't have time to do my write-ups this season. Unless something spectacular happens I'll probably be fairly quiet.

Posted Image

#128 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:57 PM

And this season has been far more entertaining than I expected at the reveal!

It's always nice with smug arrogence only last a couple of episodes.

Posted Image

#129 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:20 PM

Final Thoughts on Blood vs Water

Everything about the build-up to this season felt horrible. Returnees AND loved ones (so really, no new players), the frustration that is Redemption Island, a Big Brother winner being cast, Colton. I had every expectation that the twist and Redemption would trip the season up and that the "Voting out loved ones" would be so over-hyped the game would become insufferable. But there was a glimmer of hope for me, that being Tyson and Gervase. Tyson, who I generally enjoy because I like assholes, and Gervase because alright returning season one players! I knew going in they had good chances.

Maybe it was the low expectations, but the season turned into one that I eagerly awaited the next episode for each week and proved immensely unpredictable (apart from the Aras-Tina votes). That was helped greatly by Brad and Colton, the two "larger than life characters" this season not making the merge, but there was enough crazy strategy and shit flung at the wall by desperate people (Caleb's "I'm voting Brad" move, going to rocks) to make each Tribal something exciting. They tried to play up Ciera's vote for her mom to an absurd level, but with Redemption Island it just wasn't as impactful as they wanted it to be. None of the "new" players were interesting enough (to me) to warrant a return, but we will likely see Ciera and Hayden come back.

And the game was won by the guy who deserved it. Gervase would have been a satisfactory winner, and I think a better "full-circle" win, but Tyson earned it. I'll admit, I was scared for a moment, thinking the jury would give the game to Monica, but her rampant paranoia isn't gameplay. But now, I'm looking forward to rewatching Heroes vs. Villains.

Survivor Cagayan -

And with a finale comes a reveal. Survivor Cagayan, otherwise known as Survivor Bed, Bath and Beyond... wait, Brawns vs. Brains vs. Beauty has three things going for it that make me cautiously optimistic. One: it's three tribes, a structure I really enjoy though it can be predictable. Two: Challenges "should" be fairly interesting if they attempt to truly level the playing field between the three factions. Three: ALL NEW PLAYERS! There are no returnees next season, a reveal already confirmed by Probst to Entertainment Weekly. Redemption Island will likely return (they film two seasons in the same location and use the same sets, so RI is already built and ready), but it's looking like that has become a necessary evil. Anyway, it should be interesting.

Posted Image

#130 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:18 PM

And my thoughts on the first night of Survivor: Cagayan.

The hell did I just watch?

Seriously.

Two episodes in, two fairly massive blindsides (especially the second one). It's like a conglomeration of the craziest shit from the past five years. Phillipines Redux with one tribe that should be fairly competitive getting decimated in both challenges. Brandon Hantz Redux. Tocantins Redux (picking the "weakest" who gets a risk/reward choice early at camp). It's frickin' bizarre.

And these players... I don't know if they're brilliant or insane. They nailed Tony as a Brawn and Morgan as a Beauty (seriously, do they have any other assets? They're both rocks with lips). And the Brains tribe, good lord, they are something else. What's frustrating is that I want to like the Brains tribe... because Brains... but for all their smarts they don't have a clue what they're doing.

No one is impressing me right now, but if I have to take a pick, I'm going to say Kass wins because this season is looking identical to Phillipines.

It'll be entertaining though... that's for damn sure.

Posted Image

#131 Lizz

Lizz

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Fl

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:49 PM

It has been quite the journey already. What do you think of the merged tribes? The blindside last week made for some great TV, but not sure how the balance of these new tribes will effect things moving forward.

#132 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:36 AM

I don't know what think of this season. It's entertaining and unpredictable, but I'm either indifferent to or distain everyone. Without a couple of people to really love or love to hate I'm surprised at my lack of concern.

Everyone is overplaying, and it's leading to ineffective strategy. Booting Alexis was the only boot that I completely agreed with.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users