Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

(Here you go, Lizz.)

So, congratulations to Kim.

Surprisingly, I felt like that was a really weak finale to close out what was a fairly strong season. All of the tension and entertainment came in the first Tribal Counsel with Kim's decision between Alicia and Sabrina. After that, though, with Christina laying down at final four (which obviously pissed the jury off something fierce), it kinda petered out. Jury Questions had a bit too much of the "love you guys," tone,  and not enough actual questions. Alicia, Tarzan, and Kat all just made statements. Tarzan's was the best, only because it's inspiring how much he loves his wife. So, meh.

Side Note - Every jury needs THIS!!!

The reunion was just a hot mess. Production errors, and Probst being a bit of a blowhard regarding Colton ("Colton acts like a racist! Let's ask his mom if he was raised that way!"). I'm surprised how ambivalent I am/was to almost everyone post-merge, and so the Fan Favorite vote was greeted with a shrug. So, what started as a potentially strong season, ended with a whimper.

Now, Survivor Philippines. I lurk the SurvivorSucks forums, and have known about this for a while. Bringing in three med-evac'ed players (and not three "characters"), is potentially huge because they are not as well-known (Hell, one of them is coming back after ten years). I know, for sure, who two of them are (really excited for), but not 100% on the third. They are good players, and well-deserving in a return. Hopefully, with three good returnees and three tribes, dynamics can change (since One World still turned into a Pagonging...).

Posted Image

#2 Lizz

Lizz

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Fl

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

SURVIVOR!

I completely agree with your review. I was pumped for the finale and really wanted Kim to win. But man, that finale was boring! I'm glad that the most strategic player won, since in most years the jury is too pissed and awards the coat-tail player because they were the least offensive in getting to the top. Great to see Kim win, and the fact that she won fan favorite proves how much the fans love their strategic players.

But other than that, it was a snoozefest. Christina giving up made for a really boring tribal. How do you go that far in the game and not at least make an attempt?

I only partially paid attention to the reunion, so I didn't catch the production errors aside from the awkward moment when Jeff tried to get the band to play some theme music for Colton.

After our talk about Survivor Phillippines, I'm excited to see one of those returning players. All you have to say is med-evac'ed player, and he takes the cake. Guessing odds aren't good that the third is Colton?

7516794178_291bc06963_z.jpg

#3 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

No, the third isn't Colton. He was too controversial (and not in an endearing way).

Posted Image

#4 Halcyon

Halcyon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:08 AM

I just want to say that thank god a strategist won the million. Hasn't happened in a long time. I'm hoping that this continues, but it's unlikely of course.

I'm also really glad Colton won't be returning. I got a tad worried when I saw the preview for next season since they had dedicated almost half of the reunion to redeem Colton (which didn't work because he hardly seemed apologetic).

I shall be awaiting anxiously for next season. Happy to see there's no redemption island!

Posted Image

#5 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

If you're interested in knowing who the returnees are for the next season, highlight between the lines below:

Russell Swan (Samao) - African-American who was endearingly referred to as "Good Russell" during the first season of a Hantz. Med-evac'ed out after passing out during an immunity challenge. Was well-liked and appointed leader of his tribe.
Jonathan Penner (Cook Islands/Micronesia) - Voted out in 7th place after being outed as a "two-faced rat." A notorious and strategic player. Pulled out of the game during his second season when an injury to his knee grew infected and he was left with the option, "Stay in the game or lose your leg."
Mike Skupin (Australia) - Survivor's first med-evac is returning ten years later after passing out and falling into a fire. Was a well-liked, unassuming leader, who is also remembered for killing a pig and covering its blood on his face. A Survivor from a bygone era (before HII).

So, like I mentioned, none of these returnees should have a great deal of negative baggage with them (save the one), and most of them are from so long ago I can bet HALF of the new players don't even know who they are.

Posted Image

#6 Halcyon

Halcyon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

I remember the first two quite well. The third one however I only remember the time of his injury. Australia was my first season of Survivor and I was pretty young then. I don't normally mind negative players because they're often more strategic and make the game more interesting, so I'm glad we have one returning player that can be considered a "villain".

Posted Image

#7 CrunchyElf

CrunchyElf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationSavannah, GA

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:38 AM

Wow, a Survivor thread, Awesome! Absolutely my favorite show, followed by The Walking Dead! I can't wait for the new season to start, I actaully have sent in a few audition tapes, but never heard anything back, from what I hear you have to send in numerous tapes before getting choosen, bummer! I could so kickbutt on Survivor! :)

#8 Halcyon

Halcyon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:52 PM

Wow, a Survivor thread, Awesome! Absolutely my favorite show, followed by The Walking Dead! I can't wait for the new season to start, I actaully have sent in a few audition tapes, but never heard anything back, from what I hear you have to send in numerous tapes before getting choosen, bummer! I could so kickbutt on Survivor! :)

Alas! Another Survivor fan! Welcome to our small gathering.

New season starts soon!

Posted Image

#9 CrunchyElf

CrunchyElf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationSavannah, GA

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:57 AM

Thanks Lilith!

Survivor fan for life! I am bit obsessed with Survivor! I can't wait for the new season, it is quickly approaching that time again, and I am dying to hear that Survivor theme! :)

I keep sending in videos, hope to get picked someday, I would so kickbutt on the show, in a Rupert kinda way! I wonder what ever happen to Colleen, wish she would come back one more time!

#10 Halcyon

Halcyon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:12 AM

Ah, Legacy has also sent in audition videos for the past couple of years. I think you really have to come off as a different and interesting person to catch their eye; Though sometimes I feel like they pick the most boring of people..

Posted Image

#11 CrunchyElf

CrunchyElf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationSavannah, GA

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:40 AM

Yeah I think with the videos and people they select that a lot of times they pick based on occupation, but I also think they pick numerous contestants they find around Hollywood because they want the drama, and those actors/actresses are going to do what they do best, act! I would love to be picked, I would so kickbutt on the show; I remeber doing my first video, it was so freakin funny. I had set the camera up pointing towards a wooded area, and my plan was to say some some funny stuff, tell them about myself and then prove that I could start fire all by my self. I started recording, completely lost my train of thought, I tripped and fell down; then went to sit on the bench that I had set up, only to then fall backs when the seat fell apart, oh man it wasn't good at all. Once I got the camera reset and fixed everything, I did my walk through and then hit record again.

This time I nailed my lines, then I went and proceeded to start making my fire, I attempted to do the usual method of rubbing sticks together (which by the way is way harder than it looks on tv). I tried for like what felt like an eternity before giviing up. Then I thought it would be hilarious if I acted like I was having trouble starting the fire, and reached into my pocket pulled out a match and used it to light fire, which I did!

Next I proceeded to make myself dinner survivor still, I had a bag of marshmellows sitting behind the bench, I grabbed a couple and toasted them,(yumyum) then thought I better amp up the survivor factor a bit, so I caught a grashopper and proceed to eat the poor fellow! That was a mistake, I took one bit, threw up, and accidently set my pants leg on fire!
Then to make matters worse, my cat decided to walk directly into camera view and take a poo! Worse video ever!

I keep trying to come up with themes for my videos, but it is so hard finding something that hasn't already been done! I will keep trying! :)

#12 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:27 PM

My second video was a grand theme; script, graphics, editing, etc. But after reading about the videos that previous Survivors have sent in and watching the uncut confessionals they post on the website, I've shifted to 2 minutes of me improvising. Christine from Survivor: South Pacific got cast after sending in a video lambasting the producers for casting NaOnka and Purple Kelly after they quit. Supposedly, one of the guys cast this year sent in a 30 sec video he made off his phone on a whim. I've recorded three this year so far and once the casting site goes live, I'll pick the "truest," most engaging one and send that one in.

Posted Image

#13 CrunchyElf

CrunchyElf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationSavannah, GA

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:37 AM

I hate quitters! We you went all out, my videos were pretty lame, but I keep trying! I hope I get picked someday, but its getting harder to come up with ideas for videos, they want fresh and original stuff, and I am just about out of ideas!

#14 Halcyon

Halcyon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

I'm not so sure it's about the fancy script, but more so your personality. If you seem like an interesting enough person to put on a tv screen, that's what will catch their eye.

Posted Image

#15 CrunchyElf

CrunchyElf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationSavannah, GA

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:45 AM

So I saw a new commercial for the New season of Survivor and it mentioned that there are going to be 3 tribes this time, sweet! Plus Jonathan is back, I actually liked him on his original season.

#16 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:15 AM

Survivor... guaranteed to get me out of hiding.

New season premiered with three tribes and three returning med-evacs. I've previously stated my anticipation for how this season can go, so I won't reiterate it. It's also hard to figure out how the season will go from here BECAUSE of the changes, so until I get more of a vibe on the tribal dynamics I won't. Obviously, Russell and Penner are in trouble, but things can change.

Especially with the Hidden Immunity Idol being the symbol on the lid of the rice bucket. Mark my words... THAT'S the idol.

Malcolm has a head on him, and can be a dangerous player in the long-game. I'm most interested in the merge and post-merge this season. Hopefully the premise can deliver, unlike One World.

Posted Image

#17 Halcyon

Halcyon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:43 AM

The great Legacy speaks!

And I know, I know. I'm late to the discussion..

But anyways, I'm not liking the three tribe system this season. Once it was discovered that the Matsing tribe was going to tribal, the show only focused on them. I completely understand why because that's where the drama will be, but I feel as if I missed out on the other two tribes.

I agree that Malcolm seems to be a big contender. So far, he's my favorite (and not because he's attractive, though it helps I can't deny..). Two girls I can not absolutely stand are RC and Abi-Maria. I don't appreciate the flirt strategy, and these two have already shown that that seems to be their primary approach toward winning the game. So count on me crossing my fingers in front of the tv every night that they get sent home.

I have to point out too that watching Russell say he doesn't want to be the leader, and then continuously lead was quite humorous. His personality will be his downfall.

And I just want to once again say: Yay! No Redemption Island!

Posted Image

#18 CrunchyElf

CrunchyElf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationSavannah, GA

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:50 AM

Well its about time Survivor returned! I miss Exile Island, wish they would bring it back! Yeah totally agree with you Lilith about Russel, he just can't stop trying to be the leader, glad Zane went home, he was stupid for saying "send me home", so he got what he deserved!

I like having the three tribes, that was fun, Glad to see both Mike and Jonathan back, liked both of them! I haven't really picked a favorite Survivor from this group yet, the show just zipped by so fast. :(

Can't wait for next week!

#19 Legacy

Legacy

Simply Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:47 PM

But anyways, I'm not liking the three tribe system this season. Once it was discovered that the Matsing tribe was going to tribal, the show only focused on them. I completely understand why because that's where the drama will be, but I feel as if I missed out on the other two tribes.

I can understand how the three tribes can negatively impact editing, though after the Immunity Challenges, the focus has always been on the losing tribe. It worked really well for a 90 minute episode, though. It remains to be seen if, in the standard 60-minute format, it will feel too rushed. Considering half the episode is typically Tribal and an immunity challenge. That (theoretically) only gives each tribe 5-10 minutes of focus.

Posted Image

#20 CrunchyElf

CrunchyElf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationSavannah, GA

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:50 AM

I wish they would make Survivor a multi-day show, sort of like Big Brother, then we would get to see more of the tribes and challenges, I think that could work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users